Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pre-Surgery

Its 3 hours from my surgery time and I can't get back to sleep. Too much anxiety I guess.

I am beyond ready to have this over and done with, but anxious about the wake-up process. I am especially anxious about the possibility of nausea and vomiting blood. I think i would rather throw it up than have it swishing around in my tummy, or better yet just not have any blood get in there at all :( Hoping for too much?

I guess this is the bet post to say what I am expecting or hoping for from this surgery

COSMETIC
Better profile
More prominent chin
More proportionate face
My surgeon pointed out to my mom yesterday that because of how recessed my lower jaw is the first thing you see when you look at me is my nose, although in actuality, if you isolate that feature it isn't really that big.
No more lisp!

MEDICAL
No more of this strained feeling in my jaw
No more uneven wearing down of teeth
Improved bite
Decreased risk of developing TMJ or other joint problems later on in life
Decreased risk of damage/decay to teeth and gums due to bad bite
No more irritated gums behind my front uppers due to my front bottom teeth touching the roof of my mouth.....yep my overbite was THAT bad

As nervous as I am about this surgery I know that its temporary pain (and discomfort) for a lifetime of pleasure and benefits if all goes well. It will be well worth it in the end!



No comments:

Post a Comment