Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 14: The New Normal

I spent most of today running around getting stuff sorted out for school, as well as I had a return to do at Macy's. Funny story, I wrote out everything I needed for my transaction at Macy's on paper, saying that I couldn't talk because I had surgery, that I needed to do a return/exchange etc etc. Tell me why after showing the first salesperson my note she starts speaking all loud and slow as if I had just told her I had a hearing problem lol. It was hilarious!

Right after my Macy's trip I had my first post-op with my orthodontist. I get my ortho work done at my university's college of dentistry. My 'ortho' is actually a final year student in their program, and is overseen by a instructor. Now I have had braces for a little over 3 years now and in all that time today was the first time that I ever saw my instructor smile. I'm talking a big ol lil kid finding presents under the tree on Christmas morning grin, lol! I could tell he was pleased with the change in my profile etc. They couldn't do much because my splint is in so they just took a few pics and discussed what I intend to do in terms of finishing my treatment. I will be moving to Jamaica next month so I need to find a orthodontist there to take over my case. (more on that later)

I also went back to my part time job. Although it was only two hours (i was home by 6:15), I had been out and about since around midday so I was pooped by the time I got home. Hopefully my energy levels get upped some more over the weekend, as I plan to go back to work fulltime next week...fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment