Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 8

Prior to surgery I started taking time out every day to write down 5 things that I was thankful for. I found that I was getting to be a tad pessimistic and this was my solution. I decided to apply this to my experience with surgery and braces.


5 things to be thankful for

1. That I never had any issues with getting my teeth to move/obey my orthodontist
2. That I was able to have my surgery at a reduced cost thanks to being a teaching case
3. That I was able to pay for my braces myself, out of pocket, with no insurance
4. That I survived jaw surgery (No one talks about this but I know of at least one jaw blogger passing away while undergoing this procedure)
5. That I didn’t have a lot of symptoms or side effects, e.g. more swelling or numbness, no infections (knock on wood), I was able to sleep upright with no problem etc etc

BONUS! That my mom was able to come take care of me, and that she’s been so patient and such a great nurse

In other news I am doing pretty well. I got some prune juice today *side eye* I don't have to spell out why for you guys right? lol. Hopefully this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment