Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 10: Oh Baby Baby I Got The Feeling!!!

It's coming back!!!

I have been having tingling in my lip/chin area since day 1 post surgery, and this morning that tingling upgraded itself into a little feeling in the left side of my lower and upper lips! Granted that feeling is pain lol but still...its good news! At the moment I am only numb on the bottom half of my nose, the other halves of my lips and in this 'U' that starts under my eyes/next to my nose, goes down to to my chin and up to right under my other eye/the other side of my nose. I guess I should also note that my chin is only numb at the front part that is directly under my lip, the underside of my chin isnt numb at all. I am not too worried about only half of my lip having some feeling, as I've been getting more and more tingles in that area every day, as well as i have more swelling on the right side of my face so I'm assuming thats why the feeling is taking a little longer to come back on that side. I'm pretty sure that I will regain full feeling in my lips over the next week or so.

In other news...I feel pretty good. Still have a slight trickle of a nose bleed when I get up on mornings but I don't think that will last very long. And when I say slight as in this morning I felt a little trickle but I didn't see anything come out so that symptom shoud be gone soon enough. My energy levels are still pretty good, I plan to spend this afternoon out and about with my mom and her friend so hopefully that won't be too tiring. In an effort to reduce the swelling in my lip I placed wax all along the bottom and top surgical hooks as since surgery they have been irritating the insides of my mouth like crazy. Those first few days when I was really swollen the insides of my mouth were reminiscent of ground turkey -_-.
I think that's all I have to say for now...may be back to update this post later today if anything else comes to mind.

For your listening pleasure, the source of today's blog post title :)

No comments:

Post a Comment