Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 33: One more sleep!

'one more sleep' is something one of my friends says when she's one night away from something, whether its a trip, a big celebration etc. It means of course that she only has to sleep one more time before the big event.

What am I one more sleep away from?
Getting my splint removed that's what!!!!!!!

Guys I cannot tell you how thrilled I am about this! I told my aunt yesterday that after this month I don't ever want to see a Boost or a milkshake ever ever again lol
Looking back its hard to believe that I survived 5 weeks of being wired shut...I still don't really believe I made it. I am shocked that I never removed my wire cutters from their little plastic case. I already have my first meal planned out....actually I already have the next two weeks of meals planned out lol.

Today I'm making a shepherd's pie (Trini style) and will probably also make some baked beans to go with it as those are nice n soft. mmmm.....can't wait! Then on Thursday I'll be teaching one of my friends to make corn soup (also trini style) and I am going to go bananas on broccoli and cheese soup from Potbelly. O how I've missed you! Now of course all this is dependent on whether I can actually eat after my back to back surgeon/ortho appointments, but I saved up the last of my codeine just for tomorrow so I should be good lol.

That's all for today. I do have some not yet uploaded blog posts from the last week so will work on getting those up soon. I do apologize for going m-i-a but it was just too hectic what with moving, prepping for my trip, shipping stuff, my jobs etc etc

Update on my face:
My swelling has gone down quite a bit, I look a tad more normal now. People (friends, acquaintances,classmates) no longer gasp and ask 'what happened to your face?!' when they see me.

Feeling is back in my upper lip and half of my bottom lip and they have finally stopped tingling as much.

My chin....it's still numb, but not as severe as it was before. Its hard to explain but its like I can feel my finger if I touch my chin, but I'm still numb.

Energy levels.Well considering I packed the rest of stuff in my room up on Saturday all by myself and lived to tell the tale I think I am well on my way to feeling like myself again. Hopefully this means I can start working out soon


2 comments:

  1. Did your chin ever come back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer,Lupus, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete